Sunday, March 15, 2009

Funky Fuzzy Shortcut Quilt is DONE !

I just love that word - DONE! Whoooo Hoooo! This will be another donation quilt, even though I love it with all my heart, the thought that it might make a person happy and benefit a child is also one of the reasons I love it.

BUT, until the CASA auction it is going to hang in Seams Like Home Quilt Shoppe in Anchorage! Yay!!

I can't wait to make another one! LOL :)

BTW, I had a really cool webcam chat with Linda last night. She was working on her binding and we chatted a bit about technique. Tonight, as I was working on one of the corners of this quilt's binding, I took a short video on how I like to make the corners. It is uploading to YouTube now. It says it's for Linda but you can peek too if you want :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll bet that in person it looks just amazing with the purple! I thought of a clown when I saw it.
Great stuff and hope they raise lots of money!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

It's beautiful!!

Quiltingranny said...

It definitely will make a child smile. Oh, it made me smile too! I also got to say done today and hoping to say it again tomorrow and maybe the next day! WOO WHO, I am finally getting some projects done! Love the quilts and love your video's!

Pat Hanson said...

Oh Wow! What a beautiful quilt you made. Someone is lucky!

Marguerita McManus said...

Hey, you guys are SO nice!! I love the really crazy fabrics and when Maret at Seams Like Home Quilt Shoppe (Anchorage) said she still had some of the fabrics on the bolt, that really inspired me to finish this one up.

I *LOVED* using the yarn instead of the decorative stitches when doing the quilt-as-you-go part, it was fast,fast,fast - lol :)

I have another one in the works now, using a thin ribbon instead of decorative stitches. I'll post that one soon!

Sharon-NZ said...

Thank you for this, you make the binding look easy, i have not got to the binding part of my first quilt yet and am finding it a bit daunting to say the least ......thanks again

julie said...

Thank you for the tute on binding. I will try your way on my next quilt. I use 3 pins when I get to the corner. One either side and one in the corner. Less pins mean less pricks. Your corner pin looks intriging. The quilt really is beautiful.

Marguerita McManus said...

Hi Julie and Sharon! I used to hate binding - actually, I used to pay other quilters to do it for me, or I'd trade them machine quilting for binding! Now, I *have* to do it myself, so I have tried everything to get a "perfect corner" - so far this is what I've got.

I need to do another video with the rest of the story on how I make my binding (straight of grain, not bias) and how I join the ends. It was SO intimidating the first few times I did it myself. Hang in there though, you CAN do it!! :) ~Marguerita