Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Meet Judy

My friend Judy Wedemeyer is a quilt artist. She's also one of the nicest people I've ever met. I was a newbie to quilt pattern designing, about fifteen years ago, and she went out of her way to give me tips, business contacts, advice and encouragement when I thought I'd created "the next hot thing" in quilting. How nice is that!?

I want to be like her.

I also want to be a quilt artist someday and so I follow her around like a puppy, soaking up her art and her enthusiasm and pulling out my old attempts at quilt art and wondering if maybe I can do something really unique like she is.

Take a peek at her Art Cards, her studio, and her techniques on her blog and pull out your scraps and doo-dads and let's follow her inspiration!

1 comment:

Quiltingranny said...

You are such a special lady to talk about your friends in such high regard. I love her site & I have tried Art Cards and flopped! I did send my son in prison a crazy quilt card and it came out pretty good. Your site inspires me!